RMS-MDI-868 Device timeout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RMS-MDI-868 Device timeout

I have a RMS-MDI-868 which alarms for Device timeout, goes back, and again alarms, goes back, alarms again etc. about once an hour. Should I replace the device?

Please see the attached event list and see the trouble shooting.
    Many thanks
    Attached Files
    Best Regards
    Support
    ROTRONIC AG
    Support-RH@rotronic.ch

Comment

Have you tried bending the aerial ... we have found this helps with mini loggers at times...
      Attached Files

Comment

• Kjell Enbuske
        Kjell Enbuske commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, done that but o change

What is the firmware version of the device? The version V 1.0 can cause such problems. Update to the latest version.

Comment

Kjell Enbuske Please update us if the firmware update solved your problem.

Comment

• Kjell Enbuske
          Kjell Enbuske commented
          Editing a comment
          It's v1.0 so I have downloaded the new firmware, note: it's not available under the micro site but under the RAG site. Placed it in folder Document according to the manual. But when I go to Option - Firmware update it says No new firmware available. Need help!
          The device is in Rotronic Demo-Cloud , DEV-1830
          Last edited by Kjell Enbuske; 27-03-2019, 15:53.

• Product Management Team
          Product Management Team commented
          Editing a comment
          It's changed, thank you

• Kjell Enbuske
          Kjell Enbuske commented
          Editing a comment
          How do I import the .bin firmware file? From the manual "Import a .bin firmware file for the devices. The file will automatically be saved under documents and will automatically be used when for the firmware update option stated above."
          Last edited by Kjell Enbuske; 28-03-2019, 11:06.

Dear Kjell,
        Your device is disabled. and Firmware update could not be executed. Radio field strength too weak. [-110dBm]. you need to enable your device and to get it in good range to mke the update.
        Best Regards
        Support
        ROTRONIC AG
        Support-RH@rotronic.ch

Comment

ME_Rotronic Could you advise why one can not update the Firmware for DEV-1830 on demo-cloud? Firmware version is alreaded uploaded .
          Best Regards
          Support
          ROTRONIC AG
          Support-RH@rotronic.ch

Comment

Hi Support, for the first view, the related Gateway Dev-1491 is in timeout status since one day. So the days before we cannot see the RSSI or other issue. Nor we can try a FW update this way.

Comment

Hi, the RMS SW permits a FW update for wireless RMS devices only if the RSSI is >-90db to guarantee a good data transmission.
              So in your case, please position the MLOG closer to the Gateway and perform the FW update.

Comment

Someone pulled out the LAN CABLE... now it's up and running again. Tried to update the firmware on two devices DEV-1830 (RSSI -39dBm) and DEV-4554 (RSSI -51dBm) but both where interupted - "Update error"

Comment

Working...
                X