HL-1D Battery Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL-1D Battery Replacement

If you replace the battery within the HL-1D will readings stored in memory be maintained? Also, will the calibration data also remain intact or will the logger require calibration after a battery replacement?

Hi, the stored data will remain in the memory if the battery will taken out.
    Calibration data are not stored generally. After calibration a calibration report can be created.
    But adjustment data will be stored within the memory. So these data might not be lost when the battery is out of the device

Comment

• Michael F
      Michael F commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the information; however, you last comment is unclear. Please provide a more definitive response. After the battery is replaced will the unit require calibration?

Hi Michael,
    for my understanding, a calibration is a measurement comparing the HL-1D to another reference. This kind of measurement are possible using HW4. But no calibration data will be stored within the HL-1D.
    For an adjustment it is different. An adjustment of the HL-1D is a correction of the measurement of the HL-1D. With an adjustment, the acquired data (an offset of humidity) will be stored within the HL-1D.

If you take the battery out now, the adjustment data (acquired data/offset of humidity) keep within the device. But calibration data are never stored within the HL-1D independend if you take the battery out or not.
    I hope I could explain my post a bit better.

Comment

• Michael F
      Michael F commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! That clears it up!!

Hi,I have two HL-1D devices here. The humidity prompt "E11" appears on the boot screen. What is the fault? Is there a fault code table for reference?

Comment

Replacing the battery in the HL-1D will not erase the stored readings or calibration data. Both are saved in non-volatile memory, independent of the battery power. So, you can safely replace the battery without losing any data or affecting the accuracy of your measurements.

slice masters

Comment

Working...
      X