Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• monitoring of EX declared rooms

Hi,

we are currently still monitoring the room with an HygroClip2 EX cable probe (HC2-IM-EX 10 meters) mounted at a HF5 transmitter (4 - 20mA output, outside the EX zone); than sending the data to our old monitoring System.

As we are now switching to RMS, i need to find a good solution for it.

is it possible to use the HC2-IM-EX 10 meters with any new RMS-Logger directly?
    or do you have a better solution as, to keep the probe end transmitter and add than a RMS-MADC-868-A to get the data into RMS. will i need then still a power source for the transmitter and probe?

I`m open for any creative solution to run a EX probe under RMS.

BR
    Yann

Hi Yann

Best solution I advise is to keep the existing probe and HF5 transmitter (required for ATEX). Then connect the HF520 to the RMS-ADC-L-R. The RMS-ADC is a direct to LAN logger and has two inputs for the HF520-EX signals. The RMS-ADC can also power the transmitter using the power from PoE (via the LAN). The ADC has local logging and if the PoE supply is on UPS backup the device should never go offline even in the event of power cut.

See third wiring example on this page (Device 1 = Channel 1 and Device 2 = Channel of HF520-EX) https://service.rotronic.com/manual/...perating-.html

Thanks

Jeremy

Comment

Working...
    X