Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case 286

Question:
    I am using the RMS-MLOG-T10 with the T10-0003 devices over a range >80°C. What is the best adjustment points for me to use in order to get the best accuracy over the entire range?

Possible Root Cause:
    1. The correct look up table has not been selected.
    2. The characteristic curve is nonlinear.
    Solution:
    1. Select the correct lookup table.
    2. The characteristic curve is nonlinear and Rotronic says that the best accuracy can be achieved with a 2 point adjustment within a 80°C range. Calculate the total temperature range (Tmax - Tmin = Ttot). Find the middle of the total temperature range (Ttot / 2 = Tmid). Find the middle value (Tmin + Tmid = Tx) The middle of the 80°C range is 40°C. The best adjustment points to use when the range is >80°C is Tx + 40°C and Tx - 40°C. Example: I want to measure from 40°C (Tmin) to 160°C (Tmax). 160-40=120 (Ttot). 120/2=60 (Tmid). 40+60=100 (Tx). Adjustment point 1: 100-40=60. Adjustment point 2: 100+40=140.
    Additional Information:
    The T10-0003 is an NTC temperature probe. negative temperature coefficient (NTC) is a type of resistor whose resistance is dependent on temperature. When the temperature rises, the resistance decreases.
    Generally NTC's change their resistance exponentially with temperature changes so their curve is nonlinear, therefore the more temperature points are calculated, the more accurate the curve will be. Rotronic has plotted these points (called a lookup table) over a defined temperature range and these are saved within the EEPROM of the RMS-MLOG-T10 and the correct T10-000x must be selected within the software.
Working...
X