HW4 USB Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HW4 USB Drivers

Can ROTRONIC provide digitally signed USB drivers for use on Windows 10? I have a customer who is not allowed to use unsigned drivers. They are using HW4 on a WIN10 OS.

Hi Michael, since some years, Rotronic changed the cable driver to default Windows device driver within the production. Actual cable are Windows compatible without special drivers and work plug and play. If you have older cables, please contact our support team (support-rh@rotronic.ch) for a solution.

Comment

• Michael F
      Michael F commented
      Editing a comment
      How does a customer know if they have older cables or newer cables which will function with the default Windows driver?

• Clemens.Duzy
      Clemens.Duzy commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Michael, unfortunately we do not have traced SN on the cables, that we could tell you from which device the change was done. So the customer can only see if he connects the cable to a W10 PC.

you need is to install Rotronic USB driver. . Please download the documents from the below link and follow the instruction to install Rotronic USB driver.
    ftp://gastupload:gastupload@ftp.rotronic.ch/deactivate driver signature check.zip
    Many thanks

Best Regards
    Support
    ROTRONIC AG
    Support-RH@rotronic.ch

Comment

Hello, I have the similar problem with the HW4, we use the interface cable AC3009 to connect the transmitters Higroflex HF32, but they are not recognized by the HW4. I try to open the link that leave before to see the instruction to install the USB driver, but I can not open it. I try to install the driver of the Rotornic's page and they are not recognized by win10

Comment

Hi MMartinez

Try this method.
        Go to rotronic (https://www.rotronic.com/en-ch/produ...ownload?id=383) and download this Rotronic Driver. Unzip all content and place on dekstop.
        You have to deactivate driver signature enforcement (like this)
        Click image for larger version

Name:	ddse.png
Views:	4270
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	568

when it has been disabled, go to device manager and find a Universal Serial Bus with a yellow exclamation mark next to it.
        **NOTE** it should be a USB device and not a ethernet controller.

Name:	ddsee.png
Views:	4398
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	569

When you click update driver, choose to locate them yourself and point to the folder you unzipped to the dekstop.

The drivers will install, and you can reboot your system to activate driver signature enforcement again.

Hopes this helps, or that your issue was resolved already.

BR

Emil Larsen
        C.K.Enviornment A/S

Best Regards
        Emil Larsen
        RMS-manager @ C.K. Environment A/S
        Dir. : +45 3144 2656 • Main: +45 4498 9906
        el@cke.dkWWW.CKE.DKRotronic Monitoring Systemswww.rotronic.dk
        LinkedIn

Comment

I'll look for new drivers

Comment

Since HW4 V3.9.0 the drivers are included in the installation files. Please use the attached manual to install the driver.

Thank you
            Attached Files
            Best Regards
            Support
            ROTRONIC AG
            Support-RH@rotronic.ch

Comment

I found a compatible driver that is signed and works with HW4

https://dl.dell.com/FOLDER02250036M/...2.10.6_A00.EXE

Just download, unzip the content and run dpinst and it works just fine.

The drivers included with the HW4 ver. 3.9.0 isn't automaticly installed and nor accepted if you run your OS with SecureBoot.

//Peter
              Last edited by Peter Transjoe; 18-01-2021, 12:37.

Comment

The driver you suggested is not released by Rotronic AG and there will be no support on it.
                Best Regards
                Support
                ROTRONIC AG
                Support-RH@rotronic.ch

Comment

I have installed the driver on win10 but HW4 still cannot detect my device HP-23.

Win 10 successfully detect the device when the device is inserted to USB port of the PC. However, HW4 cannot detect the device.

I use Devices and groups --> Search for master devices --> USB masters to search for device but cannot success.

Please help!

Click image for larger version  Name:	HP23.jpg Views:	0 Size:	115.0 KB ID:	1055
                  Last edited by ray; 01-02-2021, 11:30.

Comment

Hi Ray, please use a USB A-B Micro cable and not a Rotronic USB-Serial converter cable as AC-3006/9. The HP23 has a USB-serial converter onboard. Then it might work.
                    If such driver problem still appears after that, please configure your MS Windows OS to accept unsigned driver.

Clemens

Comment

I use this cable

Name:	WeChat 圖片_20210201183556.jpg
Views:	3184
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	1058

Comment

Hi Ray, that would be the correct cable.
                        In this case, the ftdi driver on board has a unsigned driver. Set Windows to allow such driver.
                        Try this https://support.viewsonic.com/en/sup...20Boot%20menu.

Clemens

Comment

Where can I download that unsigned driver?

Comment

With the changed settings in windows, a download is not necessary. If the HW4 doesn't find the HP23 now, than check the HP23. I don't have a further idea. Sorry

Comment

Working...
                            X