RMS-DO-L-R and AD-0001 for multiple MPT's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RMS-DO-L-R and AD-0001 for multiple MPT's

If you wish to use one digital output from the RMS-DO-L-R to trigger an alarm (visual or audible) with the AD-0001 for multiple measuring points, various possibilities are available:

1) Alarm scheme + Action:
    Within the alarm scheme, the user can define the alarm thresholds and define an action to be carried out should an alarm be triggered.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	alarm scheme.png Views:	0 Size:	23.9 KB ID:	1183

Within the action, the user can define what action is to be carried out, in this case the relay needs to switch.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	action.png Views:	0 Size:	27.9 KB ID:	1184

The relay reset offers 3 options:
    - Manual: the user resets the relay.
    - On end of alarm: the relay is reset once the alarm is over.
    - After delay time: the relay is reset after the defined delay time.

IMPORTANT: Should multiple measurement points use the same relay and the reset is set to "on end of alarm", then if only one alarm ends, then the relay will switch, meaning that the audible/visual alarm will no longer be active even if alarms are still active. The following setup is designed to ensure that this situation is avoided.

2) Alarm scheme + Script + Action.
    Within the alarm scheme, the user can define the alarm thresholds and define an action to be carried out should an alarm be triggered.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	alarm scheme.png Views:	0 Size:	23.9 KB ID:	1183

Within the script, the user can define that if a measuring point is in alarm and/or another measuring point is in alarm, then an action should be carried out:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	script.png Views:	0 Size:	21.0 KB ID:	1185

Within the action, the user can define what action is to be carried out, in this case the relay needs to switch and the reset can be done "on end of alarm".
    Click image for larger version  Name:	action.png Views:	0 Size:	27.9 KB ID:	1184

In this situation, the relay will only switch "off" once all of the MPT's are no longer in alarm. As of such, the audible and visual alarms will also switch off.

Hi James,

Below are the settings which I have set up for a project. The logic of the script is to trigger the AD-0001 whenever any one of the measuring point has an error(e.g Sensor Error).

However, with this settings, the AD-0001 is not triggered at all even when the Sensor Error is active. Is there a delay before the trigger of the AD-0001 or is it supposed to be immediate?

I have no problem with the normal Alarm Scheme method. But Alarm Scheme will only apply to measuring point limits and not system related notifications.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Tan,

Please ensure the script uses if alarm level = Alarm (not error) << Correction this is for the Atex units as discussed seperately!

Thanks

Jeremy
      Last edited by Jeremy Wingate; 06-10-2021, 14:34.

Comment

Dear Jeremy,

I have no problems with the Atex units in terms of the alarms limits.

However, how do i trigger the AD-0001 in the event of a RMS-LOG-L-D having an Error(e.g. Sensor Error). It is reporting in RMS but does not trigger the AD-0001. Is the above screenshots i took the correct way?

Comment

Working...
        X